Farmhouse Style Decorative Shovel
Farmhouse decor is such a popular and easy way to decorate your home, fitting into every season with just a few changes here and there! Watch while Sarah Gaither creates a decorative door hanging with some spring florals and a metal decor shovel!
What you need
- Small Metal Shovel
- Flowers and greenery sprigs and pieces from previous wreath or floral arrangement projects.
- Floral Tape
- Floral Wire
- Take one full greenery piece as a background, adding flowers and other floral elements around it to create a small arrangement in your hand.
- Wrap floral tape around the stems of your arrangement to keep it together. Make sure to wrap tightly to prevent any pieces from coming loose.
- Take a few strips of raffia and create a bow with two loops and a piece of floral wire. Check out our other tutorial here to learn how to make a raffia bow!
- Using the same wire from the raffia bow, attach the bow to the arrangement.
- Attach the arrangement to your metal shovel with wire and adjust it as needed, trimming any excess raffia as desired.
Enjoy your new farmhouse inspired door hanging! Switch out the arrangement for each season to customize it all year long! You’ll find lots of inspiration for your next project in our floral section. Come visit us today!