Make an Easy Christmas Teardrop!
Watch as we use a teardrop greenery piece, some ribbon and ornaments to create a gorgeous hanging to put on your front door, or give as a gift! This is a perfect and quick weekend project to throw together right before the holiday season! Watch and then visit Carolina Pottery in stores, to get all the supplies you need for this DIY and much more!
What you’ll need
- Teardrop Greenery (Any size desired)
- Ribbon Bow - prepared ahead of time. Watch our BOW DIY’s to learn how to make a bow yourself!
- Floral Wire
- Hot Glue
- Glue Pan
- Christmas character (Optional)
- Christmas Ornaments in various sizes (Optional)
- Christmas Picks and sprays (Optional)
- Fluff your teardrop greenery and attach your bow close to the top with floral wire
- OPTION 1: Take ribbon streamers hanging down from your bow, tucking a couple pieces on each side into the greenery to achieve the look of the ribbon weaving in and out of the branches of the teardrop.
- OPTION 2: Leave ribbon streamers hanging and tuck a Christmas character like a positionable Snowman or Santa next to the bow with hot glue or floral wire.
- OPTION 3: Leave ribbons hanging and move out of the way from the bottom of the teardrop for now. Taking ornaments and dipping their tops in hot glue, tuck glue-side down into the teardrop greenery. You can use multiple smaller ornaments, or a few large ornaments. It’s up to you!
- Tuck individual ribbon steamers around the ornaments to get the effect of the ribbon weaving in and out of your teardrop, and leave some hanging for more dimension.
- As an added option you can tuck some picks and sprays into the top of your teardrop to give it even more height and texture! It’s all up to you!
Hang up and enjoy, or give as a gift!