How To Use Your Crafting Scraps
We as crafters find it hard to part with our leftover scraps from previous crafting projects, but they can pile up quickly! Here’s how we used a few scraps and a decorative basket to make a gorgeous decoration to place in our home or give as a gift! Watch along to see how we did it!
What You’ll Need:
- Greenery scraps
- Floral bush leftovers
- Floral tape
- Grapevine basket
- Hot Glue and extra glue sticks
- Scrap Ribbon
- Floral Wire
- Wire Cutters
- Combine smaller greenery scraps to create a larger “pick” by wrapping floral tape around the stems. Place in the top of a decorative wall-hanging basket and secure in place with hot glue.
- Take a larger greenery pick and tuck into the same side of the basket securing with hot glue as well. We decided to only decorate one side to keep from needing too many materials!
- Tie or piece together a bow with leftover ribbon scraps and attach to the base of the basket handle. We used two pieces, one as the “tail” and the other to create loops, securing with wire and the tail of the bow.
- Incorporate any leftover floral pieces as desired.
- Trim ribbon-ends with scissors.
Now you have an entirely new decoration made with leftover crafting scraps! You’ll find yourself using up that scrap pile in no time. And when the scrap pile gets low you can replenish your stash online and in store at Carolina Pottery!