How To Tie a Wrapfia Bow
What You’ll Need:
- A few colors of wrapfia, or multiple strands of one color
- Floral wire.
- Traditional curling ribbon
- Gather the ends of your wrapfia and pull a length out, and loop around under to create a loop.
- Secure with your thumb and forefinger, and keep wrapping in opposite directions until the bow is as full as you would like it to be.
- Cut the wrapfia from the bolt
- Take one of each color from the wrapfia cutting longer lengths from the bold and pinch in the middle with the rest of your bow to create “streamers”.
- You can “fluff” your wrapfia bow by taking a few loops and spreading the strands apart to give it more dimension.
- Take short strips of wrapfia in your hand, cutting as many as you need to create a full “bow” and secure in the middle with your floral wire. The finished result looks morel like a pom pom or a firework!
- Take some traditional curling ribbon and gather all the colors you’re using into your hand, and start looping as you did with the looped wrapfia bow, but make your loops longer than before.
- The morel loops you have, the bigger the bow gets!
- Cut the ribbon from the bolt, and add streamers to the bow like we did before. Make these a littler longer than the first time.
- Secure the bow with floral wire, twisting it was tight as possible.
- Go in and cut some of the loops apart, and because it’s curling ribbon, use your scissors to curl the short pieces to make it fuller and give it more dimension.
Crafter tip: Create multiple bows to keep on hand in a box that you can pull out at moment’s notice for last minute gifts and parties
You’ll find all the supplies you need for this project and so much more at all of our Carolina Pottery locations! Come visit us today for wrapping and bow supplies, and any other decor that you need for birthday parties and special occasions! We can’t wait to see you! Happy decorating.