How to Tie a Bow - HoBo Bow Tutorial
If you are struggling to tie the perfect bow no matter how hard you try, watch this video and you’ll be making the perfect bow in no time! There’s no wrong way to do it, and you’ll get great bows every time! Let’s get started:
What You’ll Need:
- Various types of ribbon - Wired works best
- Floral Wire (wire cutters if needed)
- Take one kind of ribbon and make a loop at the very end.
- Take the next ribbon, loop, pinch, and leave it connected to the spool.
- Keep adding loops and pinching from different types of ribbon, making sure each loop is about the same size. Don’t cut anything yet!
- Arrange them in the position that you’d like them. You can alternate or add multiple loops of the same color, just cutting it off and adding another loop.
- After you’ve created your “bouquet” of ribbon, cut the ribbon off from their spools at an angle. They don’t have to all be at the same length, it’s up to you and the project you’re making the bow for!
- Take a piece of floral wire, twisting around the entire pinched section of your bow underneath the loops.
- If there are too many ’tails’ you can cut a few off, cutting at an angle.
- Fluff the ribbon out pulling some loops down to keep it from looking too much like a bouquet, and place it on your project with some more floral wire!
This is the perfect bow for a beginner crafter, someone wanting to use up ribbon scraps, or those of us who want a new look for our next wreath project! You’ll have a gorgeous bow in no time with this method, and we have all the ribbon you could ever want online and in stores at Carolina Pottery!