How To Make An Easter Bunny Hat
In this DIY tutorial, we teach you how to create an Easter Bunny Hat! You can repurpose items you have already, one of your snowman hats, or shop one of our Easter hats! As always, be sure to shop your local Carolina Pottery store for all of your decor needs, or online at www.carolinapottery.com!
Supplies & Directions are listed below.
For this projects you'll need:
- a hat
- spring or Easter ribbon
- wire cutters
- a hot glue gun
- hot glue sticks
- hot glue pan (optional)
- a selection of picks
- Easter bunny tail
- Easter bunny ears
- Cut off any decor already added to your hat (optional - depending on the hat you're using).
- Grab the roll of ribbon you chose and cut a strip that fits the size of your hat.
- Use a strip of hot glue to attach the ribbon around the tall part of your hat. Be careful not to burn yourself!
- Add a "tie your shoe" bow with the same ribbon you chose. Use wire to attach the bow to the hat. Don't worry if some wire is showing!
- Use wire cutters to cut off decorative pieces from your picks to decorate your bow. Attach them with hot glue and use them to cover up any wires or imperfections. Add as many or as little as you'd like! There is no wrong way!
- Your hat is finished! You can stop here or continue to add the bunny!
- If you picked up bunny ears and a bunny tail from Carolina Pottery, use the wire pieces to attach them to the hat. Poke the wire through the hat and twist the wires so it stays in place.
- Hide the wires in the hat.
- Enjoy your bunny hat! Attach it to your front door with wire, use it on a wreath, or enjoy it as a centerpiece!