How To Make An Easter Bunny Hat
What You’ll Need:
- Leftover Christmas Top-hat decoration from Christmas
- Spring ribbon
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Easter or easter floral picks and stems
- Floral wire
- Wire cutters
- Bunny bottom
- Bunny ears
- Cut off the Christmas band from your top hat, or skip this step if you’re not repurposing a top-hat decor item.
- Take your spring ribbon and wrap it around the crown of the hat above the brim to measure how much length you will need to cover the hat. Trim to size with scissors.
- Secure ribbon to the hat with hot glue down the length of ribbon, wrapping it around the hat.
- Create a small bow with the same ribbon and secure with floral wire in the center. Hot glue to the hat wherever you would like it. Leave a couple of short tails as desired.
- Separate your floral stems to get individual pieces, then dipping them into hot glue, place around the bow on your hat letting the glue dry. You can also arrange some easter eggs around the bow as well. The design is completely up to you!
- Wire the bunny bottom to the underside of the hat, and secure the ears on either side of the brim.
You can hang this on your door, or place it on a side table or us as a centerpiece! The options are endless! Check out more DIY videos on youtube or at our blog on carolinapottery.com. You’ll find supplies for this project and much more at any of our four store locations in the south east! Just visit our locations page to learn more!