How to Make a Scrap "Bird" Bow
Do you ever wonder what you are going to do with all of your ribbon scraps from other projects? Well today, we're going to show you a fun, easy way to use those scraps and turn them into colorful, whimsical bows perfect for all sorts of projects! We call this the "bird" bow, and look forward to showing you how to make it! Shop your local Carolina Pottery store (or online at www.carolinapottery.com) for all of your floral and ribbon needs!
- Ribbon scraps saved from previous projects in various lengths
- Take edges of ribbon and cut a notch on both ends for every piece you use in your bow.
- Pinch a length of ribbon in the middle, and add more on top in layers, pinching each one in the middle.
- Add one or two longer ribbon pieces about 18” long, adding them to the ribbon “stack” to the back.
- Take a piece of floral wire around all of your pinched pieces of ribbon
- Fluff our your bird bow!
- OPTION 2: You can use scraps of mesh in 6”. Use lengths about 4-5 inches. Pinch them in the middle and wrap with a piece of floral wire. Add behind your bird bow on either side in whatever wreath project you are working on.