How to Make a Grapevine "Trimmer" Wreath
In this DIY video tutorial, we teach you how to make a beautiful decorated grapevine wreath, known as a trimmer wreath! This trimmer wreath uses either a round or oval grapevine wreath, and is then decorated with deco mesh and bows on one side. The other side can be left blank, or you can add decoration, such as a sign, plaque, or monogram!
What you’ll need:
- Grapevine wreath
- Floral wire
- 2 Pre made bows One with short “tails” and one with a longer “tail"
- Floral picks and feathers or berries
- Hot glue, glue gun or glue pan
- Optional: metal or wooden signs to add to the opposite side of the wreath.
- Take the end of your mesh, gather it about 6 inches down from the edge and pinch together. Wrap a piece of floral wire around it, twisting once, then using the wire, attach the end of your mesh to the top left side of your grapevine wreath
- Curl the edges of the long end of your mesh directly under the pinched section, and tuck them under and bubble up the mesh to create a puffy section. Pinch again below the puff and wrap floral wire around it again, attaching to the wreath as before.
- Cut the mesh from the rest of the bolt leaving a short tail to match the length of the excess mesh at the top of the wreath.
- Take two bows you’ve made using any of our tutorials from youtube and attach over the pinched sections of the mesh with floral wire. Use one bow with short tails at the top and one with longer tails at the bottom to make sure you can still see your mesh between the two bows.
- Using hot glue dip floral picks in the glue and insert around the bows on your wreath to give it more dimension.
- You can leave your wreath at this point and hang it up, or if desired you can add signs or wooden monograms on the opposite side of the wreath from the mesh covered area to personalize your wreath and coordinate it with season and holidays, or create an every-day wreath that you can give to friends. The options are endless!