How to Make a Cut Deco Mesh Wreath
In this tutorial we will show you how to make a cut deco mesh wreath! The cut method is very different than the traditional poofy method, and will give you a completely different look. You can use multiple colors of mesh, and also add in your choice of ribbon to create a fun, beautiful mesh wreath for your front door. If desired, you can also add decorative elements and silk flowers to your design!
- Two different colors of mesh in short rolls (10 inches)
- Wreath form
- Cut strips of your mesh in ten inch wide. Roll the piece of mesh, roll it up, pinch it in the center, and stack with the second color of mesh that is also rolled up and pinched together. Move over to your wreath form and attach these two pieces of mesh as one piece to one tip from the wreath form by wrapping the tip around the mesh once. Repeat this with another set of mesh pieces, using the next closest tip to the one you used previously, attach the mesh in place. You will need 36 pieces of each color totaling 72 total to cover the entire wreath form and using every single tip from the form.
- It does not matter which direction you go in as long as each tip gets two pieces of mesh.
- Adding the ribbon: “BIRDS” - Cut ribbon into 16 inch strips in three different kinds of ribbon. Taking one of each kind of ribbon, stack them and pinch in the middle just as you did with the mesh. Using one of the tips from the form, unwrap the mesh, stack the ribbon on top, and wrap the tip around the ribbon and the mesh, then spread out the “birds”. We call them this because after you add them to the wreath the ribbon looks like the birds children draw in elementary school.
- Repeat this process with the ribbon birds four more times for a total of 5 birds.