DIY Witch Hat Tutorial
In this new DIY video tutorial, we show you how to make a super cute witch hat for Halloween! We take a pre-made grapevine witch hat, remove/rearrange a few items, and add some more designer made accents to truly make it pop. When you are finished, you will end up with a beautiful designer-quality piece, perfect for your front door!
What You Need:
- Pre-made Burlap/grapevine Witch Hat
- Floral Wire
- Wire Cutters
- Glue Gun & Extra Glue Sticks
- Halloween Ribbon
- Halloween themed Picks
- Taking wire cutters, remove any pieces from the pre-made witch hat that you would like to subtract or move elsewhere on your project. Here, we removed some fall leaves and reattached the “trick or treat” sign to the tip of the hat using floral wire.
- Cover up any wire from reattached pieces with some halloween ribbon as desired. Cut short strips, pinching in the middle and using floral wire attach over exposed wire.
- Create a small bow out of halloween themed ribbon. Make sure to check out our bow tutorials from our YouTube Channel to learn how to make one! Using floral wire, attach to the hat around the area where a hat band might go. You can center it, or place it to the side. It’s your decision!
- Cut up a couple of Halloween Themed Picks, choosing the parts you would like to add to the hat. Dip in Hot Glue and tuck in behind your bow. We used a bat and some green spiders, but you can choose whatever you would like!
- Cut any remaining wire from the back of your hat, and hang on your front door to greet all your trick or treaters and October guests!