DIY Wedding Bouquet Tutorial
It's wedding season! In this tutorial you'll learn how to create your own wedding bouquet on a budget! We'll show you how to make a simple and cascading bouquet with a mixture of silk flowers.
What you’ll need:
- Wedding bouquet floral arrangement holder
- Papertowel roll
- Glass jar
- Calla Lillies
- Greenery (we used ferns)
- Start adding your roses to the center of the bouquet, pulling the leaves up right underneath the flower. Think of the arrangement as a circle, adding the roses around it like spokes on a wheel.
- Take the calla Lillies and fill in the negative spaces between the roses. Don’t glue in yet to make sure you like where everything is on the bouquet. Fill in, but keep the Lillies evenly spaced around the bouquet.
- Cut your hydrangea into smaller pieces and add around, tucking into the negative spaces.
- Cut pieces of greenery ( we used some ferns) adding in a similar way around the bouquet, evenly spacing the pieces so there aren’t any immediately next to one another.
- Once you’ve finished the circle, or round section of the bouquet, it’s time to work on the cascade! Take berries and longer greenery that drape more, inserting the stems to the front and bottom section of the holder underneath the circle section of the bouquet. The goal of this is to cover the handle as much as possible. You can manipulate your greenery and berries to hang as low as you would like it to. Make this section as full of greenery as you would like as well.
- Once you’ve finished your bouquet you can add some tulle or fabric mesh to the back of the bouquet at the top of the stems to give something softer that touches the bride’s hands as she’s walking down the aisle. See any of our bow tutorials for inspiration on which bow to choose and how to attach it to your bouquet!
- An added option to complete the bouquet is to wrap ribbon around the stems to hide them, or purchase a bouquet wrap that comes in various colors and styles. Many attach with Velcro and are wonderful keepsakes to save for the future!
- Feel free to add jewels and other sparkly floral items through out the bouquet to complete the look!
You’ll find anything you need to complete a bridal bouquet at all of our four Carolina Pottery store locations! Using faux florals means you won’t have to worry about keeping the flowers fresh before your big day, and many flowers that may be out of season in a florist for your wedding date may be in stock at our stores! You’ll find so many other bridal and shower items we can’t wait to show you! Come visit us today, and Congratulations on your coming wedding!