DIY Valentine's Deco Mesh Wreath Tutorial
In this tutorial video you will learn how to make a beautiful deco mesh Valentine's wreath! Learn step-by-step how to put together your very own mesh wreath using supplies available at your local Carolina Pottery store (or online at www.carolinapottery.com)! You can follow this same guide to make a deco mesh wreath for any season or occasion, just by switching up your ribbon colors and decorative accents. A great basic DIY project for you to enjoy!
- Wreath form
- Roll of mesh 21” width. (1 roll)
- Two kinds of ribbon
- Valentine Sign
- Hot glue and glue gun or pan
- Valentine pics
- Look at your wreath form like a clock. Take the end of your mesh and hold it with the rolled side facing away from you. Tuck that rolled side under and gather it together to make a poof a few inches long at the end. Let the bolt of mesh drop to the floor, and take the tip at 12’o clock and wrap it completely around the small mesh poof you just made. Tuck it underneath the wreath form out of sight.
- Start by rolling the mesh under and you want your poofs to be about 12” (about from your wrist to your elbow) Using the next set of tips at 1 o’clock, wrap it completely around the gathered section of mesh. Repeat this pushing the poof forward, and use the next set of tips on the wreath form only using one tip at a time. Work this way all the way around the wreath
- Now gather a section of mesh 14-16” long, bringing the mesh to the inside using the leftover tips and work around the rest of the wreath.
- When you get back to where you started on the inner circle, cut the mesh from the end of the bolt and tuck the end to the back of the wreath
- Cut your ribbon into 16” strips and take one each of each ribbon, stacking them, and pinching together in the middle to make a “bird” (it looks like the birds that kids draw in elementary school!) Find a tip from where you attached the mesh to the wreath and wrap it around the pinched section of your ribbon to secure.
- Taking a longer section of a third kind of ribbon into strips of 32” and create two loops like you’re tying your shoes. Secure with the rest of the tip from the same section where you just attached your “bird” ribbon. Curl the ends of this little bow you’ve just made. Now you have a layer of three ribbons and some more dimension!
- Add a valentine’s sign and attach with hot glue wherever you would like on the wreath. Hot glue and mesh work very well together, so where you glue the sign, it will not move!
- Take a couple of valentines themed picks and insert them around the wreath where you want an added touch of texture and dimension! You can sure with hot glue as well.
- Take a bow you’ve already made from the same ribbon used on the wreath. Check out all of our bow tutorials to learn how to tie a bow! Add the bow to the wreath with floral wire.
- Fluff and adjust as needed.