DIY Thanksgiving Trimmer Wreath Tutorial
What you’ll need
- Fabric Mesh
- Floral wire
- 18” Grapevine Wreath
- 2 Pre-made bows in coordinating ribbon. Use one of our tutorials to make your own!
- Floral stems in flowers and feathers that coordinate, separated with wire cutters
- Hot glue, Glue gun or pan.
- Thanksgiving themed wooden or metal sign
- Take the mesh, drop the mesh onto the floor and gather it up at the top. Take a piece of floral wire and wrap it around the gathered section of the mesh, and then wire to the wreath.
- Make a “bubble” of mesh and gather again, wrapping wire around the gathered section and then to the wreath. Cut the mesh from the bolt leaving a short “tail” that matches the length at the top of the wreath.
- Take two bows pre-made with one of our tutorials in coordinating fall ribbon, and wire them to the wreath in the gathered sections of mesh. If you accidentally make your streamers too long you can trim them off as needed, or let a couple trail over the top of the wreath and secure with more floral wire. Its your choice!
- Take leaves, flowers and feathers and dip them in hot glue and position them around the bows. What you add to the top bow, repeat at the bottom.
- Take the metal or wooden thanksgiving themed sign and wire it to your wreath using any pre-drilled holes to attach the wire.
- Hang up your new thanksgiving wreath to greet family and friends all November!
Visit us online at carolinapottery.com to find wreaths and ribbon, or come in to one of our four locations to find the supplies for this wreath and much more! We can’t wait to see you!