DIY Decorated Grapevine Ball
Make a beautiful DIY decorated grapevine ball with this tutorial by Carolina Pottery! These grapevine balls can be used to decorate your front porch, hung from trees in the yard, or even used inside!
What you’ll need
- "Number 9” (#9) wired ribbon
- Grapevine ball
- Floral wire
- Wire cutters
- Floral picks - We used cotton, greenery and flowers
- Hot glue and glue pan
- Optional: Battery operated lights - insert into the grapevine ball before decorating.
- Using a length of narrow #9 ribbon slip one end through the grapevine ball, tie to the other end in a knot, and tuck the knot back down into the grapevine ball so you can hang this after completing the project.
- Using more #9 ribbon (we used burlap and a sunflower pattern, but you can change this up for any season or holiday!) Create two bows, secure them with floral wire and attach to the grapevine ball on either side of the hanging loop. Leave some ribbon hanging down to create tails if you would like!
- Take your floral picks with hot glue and insert them into the grapevine ball around the bow and ribbon. Once you’ve added everything you would like around the ribbon you can hang your new creation!
Use Christmas ribbon and holly or Christmas tree branches and ornaments at Christmas, or leaves and burlap in the fall. We created a spring look with our example, but the options are endless. Come in to Carolina Pottery at any of our four locations to pick everything you need for this project and more! We can’t wait to see you!