Decorating Your Tree with Deco Mesh Ribbon #1
What you’ll need:
- 21” roll of mesh with 10 yard length. The number of rolls depends on the size of your tree. We used 1 & 1/2 rolls for our tree, but if your tree is larger you may need more.
- Take the mesh with the side the curls under facing the tree, and gather it at the end. Take one branch from the tree and wrap it around the gathered section of mesh to secure it, and let the bolt drop to the floor.
- Take the mesh and roll the sides underneath. Gather it about 10 inches from the first gathered section, and wrap another branch directly below the first section around the second gathered section of mesh. Repeat this going straight from the top to the bottom of your tree. Depending on the size of your tree, you can repeat this two more times to create three total stripes of mesh down the tree, but this may vary if your tree is wider or taller. Do whatever looks good to you!
- When you reach the bottom of the tree, you can leave some of the mesh draping down, or cut it short and tuck it underneath the bottom of the tree out of sight.
- Go back in and fluff out the “puffs” of mesh to the desired size.
- With any extra mesh, you can unroll it and place it under the tree!
Now your tree is ready for ornaments, ribbon, and even floral picks or bushes to complete the look! We suggest buying more mesh than you think you’ll need, and if any is left over it can be used as a tree skirt, for a matching wreath, or much more! Our holiday deco mesh selection sells out quickly around Christmas time so it’s best to over estimate the amount needed! We can’t wait to see you! Visit any one of our four brick and mortar stores in the south east to find what you need for Christmas starting in the fall!